Spotted driving through Scunthorpe?

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

BarryR
Verified Poster

Spotted driving through Scunthorpe?

Post by BarryR »

Having just bought the Calypso red Excel which was advertised on here a little while ago I spotted a yellow baby Elan, a white plus two Elan and a Calypso red Excel driving through Scunthorpe last Sunday 🤔 just wondering if the owner of the Excel is local as I may need some reference points when I start to rebuild the Excel once I get it painted 🤞

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Re: Spotted driving through Scunthorpe?

Post by rbgosling »

Welcome to the joys of Excel ownership! We look forward to hearing more about your car and your adventures with it.

That's some pretty good Lotus spotting around yours, I'd be lucky to see that many Lotus in a month (outside of car shows). Maybe a consequence of the fine weather we've been having recently, some hibernating cars finally making it out in the sunshine.

I hope the owner spots this and pipes up - there aren't that many around still, so a pretty good proportion of the owners are on this group.
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

Zag
Regular Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Ice Blue
Year: 1986

Post by Zag »

There are 4 of us just north of the bridge, 2 are red could have been one of those. There is a meet this Saturday (second Saturday of each month) at the Nags head in Routh from 12:00. Not too far for you if you need some pointers.
Last edited by Zag on Sat May 11, 2024 06:43, edited 1 time in total.

BarryR
Verified Poster

Post by BarryR »

Thank you for the invitation Zag, we will try and make it next few months when we are back from the Canaries 😀☀️🍹

BarryR
Verified Poster

Post by BarryR »

And thank you 'rb' the car will not be getting started just yet but when I do I will post some pics of my endeavours