Blue Excel D939OHR in Penarth

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

barker_001
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1990

Blue Excel D939OHR in Penarth

Post by barker_001 »

Pacific Blue Excel leaving Penarth today about 2pm. There don't appear to be many older Excels in this colour, I have a feeling this is a local car that I've seen before with a private reg, perhaps it has changed hands?
Bryan

1990 Excel SE

"Look, there's a Ferrari..."

MalcolmH
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso
Year: 1988

Re: Blue Excel D939OHR in Penarth

Post by MalcolmH »

That's an interesting observation about Pacific Blue cars. I've often thought the same.

My first Excel, bought in 1985 at 3 years old (the car, not me) was Calypso Red. My drive home from work often took me past Caterham in Surrey, where there was a tiny Bell & Colvill office & showroom with room for only one car. And for quite a few months, that one car was a Pacific Blue Excel. I only ever saw the place after-hours, and would often park-up right outside and admire that car.

I found it quite therapeutic, and ever since, seeing a Pacific Blue Excel always recalls that memory. But they do seem few & far between nowadays. Could it be that just not many were sold?
"I never let progress get in the way of my reluctance to change"