Elite Riviera, Newmarket

If you spot one, shame them into owning up!!
If you are new to the Lotus position introduce yourself here. Please try to keep your the post to your introduction and your initial question/problems to the right formum.

Moderator: Board Moderators

MikeC
Regular Poster
Model: Eclat-Excel
Colour: Silver
Year: 1983

Elite Riviera, Newmarket

Post by MikeC »

It's common to see lots of Lotuses near Gerald Turner's premises, but today around 15:30 there was an Elite Riviera driven by someone I didn't recognise. Only 7 were made of of the Elite Riviera and as far as I know GST knock off at lunchtime on Saturdays. Gerald is driving to work in his brown Plus Two at the moment so I've seen that quite a few times.

Mike

don.hasi
Senior Poster
Model: Eclat S2.2 Riviera
Colour: Black
Year: 1982

Re: Elite Riviera, Newmarket

Post by don.hasi »

Any pictures, reg number, details? Great find :-)
ImageImageImageImageImage

MikeC
Regular Poster
Model: Eclat-Excel
Colour: Silver
Year: 1983

Re: Elite Riviera, Newmarket

Post by MikeC »

don.hasi wrote:Any pictures, reg number, details? Great find :-)
I do know one customer of Gerald's who has one and I am sure I took some photos of it a few years ago but haven't found them yet. I do need to drop off a DVD with movies of the Daytune days featuring Gerald and Neil so I'll ask who it was when I do. Both on uTube but I'll have to look them up again.

I didn't clock the reg number because the appearance of a Riviera as it approaches you is "Whaaat is thaaat? It's low, wide and has teeth. I did manage to extend a thumbs-up but don't think it was seen.

I was in Peter Day's current workshop this afternoon and the clock I made for him around 1989 with various models of Lotus as hour markers is still on the wall (and ticking to my surprise!), although the workshop is full of racing Yamaha OW01 and YZF750 motorbikes. Championship winning ones, historic and current and some both.

Mike