Donnington meet

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

peterweston
Junior Poster
Year: 0

Post by peterweston »

Hi everyone

Many thanks to M&M for there organisational skills in getting us the prime slot in the car park. Just loved the look on all faces of the M100 owner's :lol:

Great to meet lots of the 'family' and lets hope we can organise some other meets in warmer time of the year. Froze my n##s off on that bank.

Will post some pics when I get them off the camera.
Regards

Peter

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

Nice to see everybody. Considering how few cars there are still on the road this was a great turnout. Thanks for all the photos, my computer wallpaper needed an update.

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

MickC
Regular Poster

Post by MickC »

I ended up buying all the gear I need for Sprinting in my Elise this season, Helmet, racesuit and gloves.

Add that to the Hotel bill for two nights for me and my Wife and I'm now very light in the wallet department :cry:

dave
Junior Poster
Model: excel sei
Colour: red

Post by dave »

good to place some faces to cars ,thanks for the tickets chris have to let us buy you a pint next time we get to the ace cafe, good weekend good company thanks dave and ally

MickC
Regular Poster

Post by MickC »

Bit of chat going on in 'off topic' regarding Donnington.

Have a look, what do you reckon :?:

Worth a try :?:

chrisw2811
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1986

Post by chrisw2811 »

Well worth a try for next year. It would be nice to hook up with the Elite and Eclat owners to represent the full lifespan of Elite/Eclat/Excel and it might influence Club Lotus to support the activity.
1986 Excel SE, 1985 FJ1100, 2012 Passat TDI Estate, 2012 Golf TSi, 2010 Mini R56, 1985 Yamaha Salient 1964 Raleigh Runabout 1960 Motobecane 1979 Honda NC50 , '02 Montesa 315R

Well, if I was right all the time I'd get to be predictable!

Mutley
Junior Poster

Glad it worked out

Post by Mutley »

Chaps,

Glad it all worked out and you all enjoyed yourselves. I didn't ask for pole position parking to oust the 'jellymould' Elans honest!

Sorry I couldn't be there. I had some last minute course marking to do for a massive Fell Race my club arranged on Sunday.

Can't help but smile about your comments about being cold - you should have been with me on Saturday, thigh deep in snow on Kinder Scout in a 50 mph wind which took the temp down to about -5 deg C. Still the sledging down the hill side on our Cagoules was fun.

I'll mail our collective thanks to the girls in the Club Lotus Office which will hopefully get us a good spot again next year.

See you around hopefully, regards, Andrew