A Summer meeting for Excels

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Mutley
Junior Poster
Year: 0

A Summer meeting for Excels

Post by Mutley »

There are some rumblings on the 'off site'section about another meeting in the warmer months. What does everyone want out of a meet - shall we have just Excels, do we want trade stands, shall we pick a Classic Car show to converge on.

Just a couple of ideas - we have a Festival of Transport in Sheffield in July lots of different marques but no trade. We also have Chatsworth which would keep all but the fussiest 'prettier half' enthralled whilst we went for a drive.

Easy for me to say but Sheffield is fairly central! What are everyones thoughts?

Regards, Andrew

dpr59
Senior Poster
Model: SA
Colour: Silver
Year: 1989

Post by dpr59 »

Chatsworth sounds good.

The pretty half was talking about a visit to the house soon.

A few trips organised, personnel & business, over the next 3 months but as long as it doesn't clash would love to meet in warmer temperatures.

Wait 'till the prettier half reads this............
A

amarshall
Model: SE
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1990

Post by amarshall »

The further from Darlington, the better - more driving !
https://www.lotusexcel.co.uk/
SORN - just say NO!

robertverhey
Senior Poster

Post by robertverhey »

Sydney? Nice run through Royal National Park?

Melbourne? A run up the famous Ocean Road?

Perth? Tour the south west wine growing area?

Okay, guess we're outnumbered.
Robert Glacier Blue '87 SE

Steve C
Senior Poster

Post by Steve C »

There's normally a good turnout at the Castle Coombe track day at the end of may ... or are we looking to be a little more exclusive?

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

Chatsworth sound a good idea, the house and grounds are top notch, also theres lots of places to stay in the area so it makes for a nice weekend, which helps keep the peace if you know what I mean.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

chrisw2811
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1986

Post by chrisw2811 »

Chatsworth seems a socially acceptable choice (and I'm grounded from Castle Coombe by a family birthday). Their website lists activities like cooking, horse trials and Orchestral concerts. Is there a potential date in mind? Should we invite Elite/Eclats if we might like to celebrate 25 years with them next year? We could do the Gala Orchestra night on 17th June and then enjoy the 18th (Fathers Day!) on the Derbyshire peak roads.
1986 Excel SE, 1985 FJ1100, 2012 Passat TDI Estate, 2012 Golf TSi, 2010 Mini R56, 1985 Yamaha Salient 1964 Raleigh Runabout 1960 Motobecane 1979 Honda NC50 , '02 Montesa 315R

Well, if I was right all the time I'd get to be predictable!

brian s
Junior Poster
Model: excel se
Colour: red
Year: 1990

Post by brian s »

there were quite a few excels at castle combe last year but due to other lotus sections taking up all the grass,there was"nt much room for many excels owners to get their cars parked in one place. It"s a pity club lotus does"nt organise a similar event at a location a bit further north, then maybe more owners would be able to get to one place.