Elite/Eclat 45th anniversary at Castle Combe 25 May

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Elite/Eclat 45th anniversary at Castle Combe 25 May

Post by richardw »

We're planning to have an anniversary display of Elites and Eclats at this year's Club Lotus Trackday which is being held on 25 May - so this is a call for anyone with an Elite or Eclat to bring their car along. See http://www.clublotus.co.uk/events/Club- ... -2019.aspx for more details. The Elan M100 group are celebrating their 30th anniversary there, and both Mike Kimberley and Peter Stephens will be present.

Please let me know if you plan to visit with your Elite or Eclat so that I can organise an adequate display area.

Anniversary car stickers (22.5cm x 5cm) are available from me at £5 each plus 80p p&p per order - just pm me with your requirements. Revenue from sales will fund anniversary merchandise etc. The design is as in the signature image below.

We may well be producing mugs with the sticker design - watch this space!

All the best,

Richard

mkelite
Senior Poster
Model: Elite S2.2
Colour: Lotus Yellow
Year: 1982

Re: Elite/Eclat 45th anniversary at Castle Combe 25 May

Post by mkelite »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZRjvEG_M3w

I have owned my 1981 Elite Type 83 in the garage for over twenty years. She has 64k miles on the clock but has not been on the road for many years due to life and finances getting in the way - as is always the case !
( We had an Excel for many years as our daily driver. )
I have been a life long Lotus follower and still dream of owning an Esprit, Europa and now an Exige 350 Sport.
I feel I must now get the Elite S2.2 back on the road before time runs out for both of us .
It has always been very difficult to locate owners for this now very rare and much misunderstood Lotus model.
I would welcome contact from any owners who can share and may be support me in some way to bring my Elite back to life.

davidclowsley63@gmail.com

Best regards. DC. :D

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

That's a 10 minute fix. Crack on.

Modify your profile and add your location. Milton Keynes I guess.

Then there is also the members map to see who is near to you.
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

richardw

Post by richardw »

mkelite wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZRjvEG_M3w

I have owned my 1981 Elite Type 83 in the garage for over twenty years. She has 64k miles on the clock but has not been on the road for many years due to life and finances getting in the way - as is always the case !
( We had an Excel for many years as our daily driver. )
I have been a life long Lotus follower and still dream of owning an Esprit, Europa and now an Exige 350 Sport.
I feel I must now get the Elite S2.2 back on the road before time runs out for both of us .
It has always been very difficult to locate owners for this now very rare and much misunderstood Lotus model.
I would welcome contact from any owners who can share and may be support me in some way to bring my Elite back to life.

davidclowsley63@gmail.com

Best regards. DC. :D
Hello David,

I think there are more and more of us who are seeing the Elite's qualities and investing more into these cars. This forum is a great place to be with some interesting restorations going on; similarly there are other people posting experiences on The Lotus Forums who don't appear here. I'm happy to lend you moral support in your quest to get your car back on the road but I'm not as accomplished as many on here in mechanical matters. The first step is to make a plan, then to proceed and break it! The damn things always surprise you!

All the best, Richard

mkelite
Senior Poster
Model: Elite S2.2
Colour: Lotus Yellow
Year: 1982

Post by mkelite »

Hi Richard

Thank you very much for your support.

If you are ever Milton Keynes way with your Elite I would be very pleased to meet you.......and your car !

I sometimes need some moral and physical support like most people.

( I was on the Lotus Forum way back but the owner was a bit authoritative and not very friendly so I left there.)

I have a number of postings on here too from when we had an Excel as a daily driver.

Id be very glad to see any Elite owners passing my way please..........or just any Lotus owners tbh. lol.

Very best regards.

DC.

richardw

Post by richardw »

This weekend, I'll be finalising space for any Elites and Eclats coming along to the Club Lotus trackday at Castle Combe. We have 4 cars already (I think/hope!) so please join us if you can.

Cheers, Richard

richardw

Post by richardw »

I'm very pleased to say that Peter Lucas, the Lotus design engineer heavily involved in the Lotus 7 - especially the series 4 - and the Europa, as well as being responsible for the Elite wheels, will be joining us at Castle Combe. He has an Elite which unfortunately has experienced last minute diff seal issues, so will be coming in alternative transport. He's a very interesting guy.

Cheers, Richard