MALCOLM RICKETTS' OPEN DAY 2019

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

MALCOLM RICKETTS' OPEN DAY 2019

Post by richardw »

The open day takes place on Saturday 17th August, and his year, Malcolm Ricketts has very kindly agreed to reserve a small parking space for any Elites and Eclats in order to mark the 45th anniversary of these cars. In addition, it looks as though Oliver Winterbottom, Richard Morley and Peter Lucas will be there, so we will have a great opportunity to talk with these former Lotus executives, all of whom were involved in different aspects of the development and launch of the cars.

Malcolm Ricketts has a wonderful collection of Lotus cars from the 50s and 60s, mainly linked with his classic Lotus racing activities. In addition there will be a display of machinery brought by visitors. I haven't visited before but have heard very positive feedback from people who have, and it is well worth a visit just to look at Lotus history in the metal.

Here is the Club Lotus link to the event showing limited information at the moment: http://www.clublotus.co.uk/events/Club- ... -2019.aspx

I understand that it is not necessary to book with Malcolm Ricketts, but if you would like to bring your Elite or Eclat along, please contact me so that I can ensure you have a space in the 45th anniversary parking. It will be necessary to arrive before the event opens (at 12.00) in order to access the parking. Any spare space can be allocated to Excels of course!

Finally, it is an outdoor event so is weather dependent, and may not go ahead if conditions aren't suitable.

Hope to see you there, Richard

richardw

Re: MALCOLM RICKETTS' OPEN DAY 2019

Post by richardw »

Last call - could anybody who wants to join the Elite/Eclat parking at the open day please let me know asap?

Thanks, Richard

Lotus Jim
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Pearl White
Year: 1990

Post by Lotus Jim »

Hi Richard,
I’ll be there in the Excel. I’m just down the road from Malcolm’s place so will be there nice and early.
Jim
1990 Lotus Excel
Previously Owned - 1991 Lotus Excel Celebration in Red
1998 Lotus Elise S1

richardw

Post by richardw »

Brilliant Jim, look forward to seeing you there! Keep an eye out for the parking area as there will only be two or three Elites/Eclats by the look of it, so plenty of room for Excels.

Cheers, Richard