Locations for meet-ups

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Locations for meet-ups

Post by richardw »

Atr the Zoom meeting we had last night, it was clear that most of us are itching to get out with our cars and meet like-minded lunatics - socially distanced of course.

The Hampshire brigade have successfully planned a meeting (beware incoming from Oxfordshire!), and following their example is anybody willing to suggest a venue or possibly event which members may attend? There is little happening nationally at the moment but there do seem to be suitable local open air locations, sometimes with events or runs taking place which would be good fun.

Post your suggestions here, then if they gain traction we can create a specific topic. Or, start a new topic yourself!

Cheers, Richard

igg-hiss
Senior Poster

Re: Locations for meet-ups

Post by igg-hiss »

Richard

Possibly an Idea for the future..

WA15 8XQ Ringway Visitor Center (Concord) and the Romper pub nearby. Just off the M56 at Manchester an interesting place 80miles from Birmingham (Midlands), LLandudno (North Wales), Kendal (the North West of England) and the point between Leeds and York (Yorkshire to people from Yorkshire and the North East to the rest of us midland folk).

Only 150 miles or so for Long Range Excels.

The junction of the M6 and the A50 in Stoke is quite good too, Easy for West Mids, Manchester and the Leicester/Derby/Nottingham triangle Trentham Gardens has eateries and tonnes of parking.

The Long Range Excel has barely warmed up.
The Lotus Eclat, a lot like the English Whisky company: comes from Norfolk and better than you are often told it is.

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Great suggestions Ian. Another aero themed one is RAF Cosford (near Wolverhampton) - when I went the car park was pretty empty and they do have the TSR2 there.

I guess Trentham Gardens, being outdoor, will fully reopen first however?

Cheers, Richard

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

If talking about North Peak District, how about the Carding Shed near Holmfirth. Used to be known as the Oil Can.
Some great driving roads near by, but ensure you have a good clutch!!!!

Quickly looking at their Web site, it would seem that may be already open following shut down

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

Been to the Carding Shed a couple of times, although I liked thier previous setup better ( now a housing estate ) its a great place, have a look at the website. I think it was the fact that the parking was better at the old place. It can get busy tho cos its a retro setup it attracts alot of non car people too especially the wrinklies ( I should know ! ). Theres some cracking roads in that area tho and its not far from Holmfirth where last of the summer wine was filmed.
http://thecardingshed.co.uk/

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

CHRISYD
Senior Poster
Model: N/A
Colour: N/A

Post by CHRISYD »

Yes ive been there lots over time to the old site and new site. Also lots of "nose crunching" junctions around too!! My favorite part of the world up there but a bit far from somerset!!
I REALISED YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT A LOTUS!!! Until now :oops: