Club Lotus Track Day 2023 27 May

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

igg-hiss
Senior Poster

Re: Club Lotus Track Day 2023 27 May

Post by igg-hiss »

I hope everyone who attended today had a brilliant day, I also hope Richard and Stu are doing good and feeling better.
The Lotus Eclat, a lot like the English Whisky company: comes from Norfolk and better than you are often told it is.

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

Lovely weather, good chats and the car behaved. What more could you want?
A few snaps:

And one for Alan:

I think the count stood at 3 Elites, 2 Eclats and 4 Excels. A good showing.
We need to arrange something special for all to be grouped together next year for the 50th.

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White

Post by Pete Boole »

"We need to arrange something special for all to be grouped together next year for the 50th"

Good plan Tony :D

Pete

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

That is a good showing of cars! We can arrange a dedicated area next year with Alan Morgan 😀

Came home last night feeling much better but weak after a few days of not eating. Apparently when I was admitted on Thursday morning, I was critical with a very rapidly progressing sepsis infection. The NHS was absolutely brilliant - the ambulance arrived just 15 minutes after Joy called 111, I was admitted directly to resus and treatment started immediately. I don’t remember much about those few hours apart from trying to resist being taken to hospital - I had just an hour or two before got up, gone downstairs and given the dog her breakfast! We are incredibly lucky to have the NHS - of course it has failings but those are far outweighed by the value it delivers in offering critical care. I should also say that the people who cared for me were absolutely lovely and very professional.

Glad you all had such a good time, and I hope nobody is suffering from sunburn today!

Cheers, Richard

barker_001
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1990

Post by barker_001 »

I take a couple of days off the forum (babysitting duties) and all this happens! So glad to hear you're now on the mend Richard, that sounds nasty. You too Stu, hope you're feeling better. Just goes to show that Covid is still out there.
To the survivors - glad you had a good time at Castle Combe. A 50th birthday event next year sounds like a great idea.
Bryan

1990 Excel SE

"Look, there's a Ferrari..."

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster
Model: Elite S1 503, Plus 2, Europa '
Colour: Gold
Year: 1979

Post by AndrewWebber »

Wow Richard, nasty and a great tribute to the NHS.

These shots from the great weekend are to give you further encouragement.....

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

Did they say how you might have picked up the infection Richard? Sounds grim! Glad you're on the mend.

Andrew - your roof looks great! Nice photos :D

Pete

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster

Post by AndrewWebber »

Thanks Pete, whilst a great improvement over the flapping / flaky sections of vinyl roof it had when I purchased it, in truth if could still be
aesthetically improved further if I could find a way of imprinting the 'leather grain' type texture into my 'CT1' repair sections. I need to search out or make a suitable imprint tool, cut back the repairs a mm or so, reskim with CT1, imprint whilst still soft with said tool then repaint with the vinyl paint. That along with an intended full repair / tidy up of the bumpers sometime, I don't then intend to go any further cosmetically with it, tying to retain its 'used patina' without the scruffiest bits it had. Over a thousand miles after the rear end bearings / bushes / diff work last winter it sounds / feels good enough to me and was a joy to 'tour' from Kent to Wiltshire and back on such a nice weekend. Being at Combe and not going for all out timed sprint laps in the +2 or 'Europa' was very strange but also a nice very pleasant alternative some 26 years after I previously went to this relaxed CL annual event!

Pete Boole
Senior Poster

Post by Pete Boole »

If you could find a vinyl with a very similar grain to your roof you could use moulding silicone to take an imprint and then use that to introduce the same pattern on your CT1 - or make a fibreglass pattern from the silicone and use that, depending on how flexible the CT1 is.

Pete

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Have started a new topic on vinyl roofs here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12810

Cheers, Richard

Lotus-e-Clan
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE - EWP/Waterless!
Colour: Not Blue or Green
Year: 1989

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

The photos of your Elite on track show you know how to drive Andrew. Lines look right and the car's stable stance in corners look like you drive fast and smooth.😎

Lucky escape Richard, full blown septicaemia would have meant multiple organ failure as infected blood has unrestricted access everywhere, including brain. Good to hear that the NHS response to a proper emergency was as it always should be.🧑‍⚕️👍
Peter K

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster

Post by AndrewWebber »

Thanks Peter K, I think I know the basics of where I 'should' place the car, and being the 'lunchtime parade laps' at lower speed made it a lot easier to do that and get such flattering photos, I wish I could be that accurate 'on the limit' in my sprints and hill climbs all of the time!

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Is this a MK Vi?

If so, what was the story behind it?
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Post by Tanz »

Better late than never - a few shots

Not sure if it works but if you click below it should eventually take you to more pictures and video
<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=C87 ... Y3LbyHRHcA" width="165" height="128" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!