NEC Classic Motor Show 2023 Friday 10 - Sunday 12 November 2023

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

NEC Classic Motor Show 2023 Friday 10 - Sunday 12 November 2023

Post by richardw »

We are exhibiting at the show again this year, so the first job is to identify any cars that members would like to show. There is only space for three cars this year due to the positioning of pillars, that said we will have a nice stand as Matt Oxley has very kindly organised the salvage of good carpet from previous shows.

Cars can be Elite, Eclat, Excel or Esprit. The theme of the show is ‘Perfect Partners’ and I think a good selection of three of the above four models would suit perfectly.

Please let me know if you’d like to exhibit. You will need to deliver the car on Thusday 9 November, and take it away Sunday evening or Monday morning. Cars should ideally be of a high standard so we can give the range the best possible profile for show visitors. Preference will be given to cars that have not been shown before (assuming we get more than three volunteers!)

Further show details including our discount code for tickets will be posted shortly. If you plan to attend, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use our code in order to show the organisers that we have a good level of support, hopefully resulting in better positioning next year.

Cheers, Richard

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 2023 Friday 10 - Sunday 12 November 2023

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Hi Richard

I know of a superb Type 82 Turbo Esprit whose Owner who has mentioned he is interested.

Stu
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

phoenix
Verified Poster
Model: eclat 2.2 riviera
Colour: ice blue
Year: 1982

Post by phoenix »

For consideration
I normally attend this show religiously and spend two days there (Fri & Sat) lurking around the stand like a schoolboy ‘as you do’ with gang in tow. This year I have organised a weeks leave prior to the show with the plan to prepare and exhibit one of my vehicles for all three days. All going well……I have three vehicles that could potentially be displayed in order of serviceability. These are:
Silver 1980 esprit series 2.2
Carnival red 1976 elite 501
Ice blue 1982 éclat 2.2 riviera

Marcus
Junior Poster
Year: 0

Post by Marcus »

After an 18 year restoration my Excel is just about complete. I realise that the car has in excess of 89 alterations carried out to it, hence I am calling it an Excel Type 89b, so it may not be exactly as to what you are looking for on the stand - hence I have attached some photos.

I would be more than happy to have my car on the stand and to assist in the construction and manning of the stand.

Marcus

Image Image

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

Well done Marcus.
Those piccies don't do justice to what you've achieved at the rear.
More piccies please, especially the special interior treatment and dash detail ( and the rear end).
Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

richardw

Post by richardw »

I agree with Tony about more piccies - and your offer to exhibit is noted Marcus - we haven’t had many offers but I do have some feelers out. Give it another week or so when we will have a bit more of a short list to choose from. Your car does look stunning!

Cheers, Richard

Marcus
Junior Poster

Post by Marcus »

Thanks for request for more photos - here are a few more showing the side and rear views. I would like to tweak the boot lid a little, and have an idea in mind.

I do have a big problem with the clutch - the expression "Work in Progress" is applicable. Mike Taylor is going to have a look at it next month for me.

.....and so the project continues!!!!!

Marcus

richardw

Post by richardw »

phoenix wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:05
For consideration
I normally attend this show religiously and spend two days there (Fri & Sat) lurking around the stand like a schoolboy ‘as you do’ with gang in tow. This year I have organised a weeks leave prior to the show with the plan to prepare and exhibit one of my vehicles for all three days. All going well……I have three vehicles that could potentially be displayed in order of serviceability. These are:
Silver 1980 esprit series 2.2
Carnival red 1976 elite 501
Ice blue 1982 éclat 2.2 riviera
Is your Elite still available? I think with this, the turbo Esprit and Marcus’ car we will have a great display.

Thanks, Richard

richardw

Post by richardw »

Hawaiis0 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 22:09
Hi Richard

I know of a superb Type 82 Turbo Esprit whose Owner who has mentioned he is interested.

Stu
Stu, could you confirm if the Turbo Esprit is still available for the show? Would love to have it there if poss.

Thanks Richard

richardw

Post by richardw »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 17:59
Thanks for request for more photos - here are a few more showing the side and rear views. I would like to tweak the boot lid a little, and have an idea in mind.

I do have a big problem with the clutch - the expression "Work in Progress" is applicable. Mike Taylor is going to have a look at it next month for me.

.....and so the project continues!!!!!

Marcus
Marcus, can we confirm your car or do you need to wait until the clutch issue is sorted?

Thanks, Richard

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Christian will be in touch about the Esprit
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

richardw

Post by richardw »

The discount code for ticket purchases is available at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12916 for registered members of the forum.

Please use our code to buy tickets if you are visiting; we regularly get criticised by the organisers for poor ticket sales, but have no shortage of visitors to the stand, so it would help alleviate my stress levels at least if you could do so!

I’m unable to download the show poster for the moment - I always have technical issues trying to do things with my iPad - but I’ve asked for them to be emailed to me.

Cheers, Richard

Marcus
Junior Poster

Post by Marcus »

I’m pleased to be able to say that I will be able to get my Excel to the show and onto the stand. Marcus

richardw

Post by richardw »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 18:30
I’m pleased to be able to say that I will be able to get my Excel to the show and onto the stand. Marcus
Brilliant. Thanks Marcus!

richardw

Post by richardw »

Warming up the engines for the NEC Classic Car Show on Friday 10 - Sunday 12 November.

It is a great event and we will be there again this year with some interesting cars volunteered by members, including a low mileage original Elite 501, a beautifully built variation on the Excel with V8 engine and Uracco like rear end styling, and an immaculate Esprit turbo!

You will be made very welcome on our stand, but remember to use our ticket code when obtaining your entry pass. This gives you a useful discount, and tells the show organisers how many visits we generated. This in turn helps in next years application for space. You can find the code in the members only area at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12916

If you are not a member, you can easily register - there is no membership fee.