Register of potential show cars

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Register of potential show cars

Post by richardw »

In order that we don’t repeat the problems we had this year obtaining a wider selection of cars, including original Elites, Eclats and Excels, to exhibit at the NEC, it would be really useful to start with a list of cars that members may wish to exhibit, normally at the NEC (as that hosts both the national shows that we attend.) Please note that we were very grateful for the cars that attended the classic motor show this year - they were brilliant examples, simply a little different to those we mainly represent.

Putting your car on the list is not a commitment, it is simply saying that your car is appropriate for one of the shows, and that you may be willing to bring it along.

So if you have such a car would you mind replying to this thread, stating whether it is the restoration show or the classic motor show at which you would like to exhibit.

If you have any questions about what is involved in exhibiting your car, post those here also and I will answer.

Cheers, Richard

AndrewWebber
Regular Poster
Model: Elite S1 503, Plus 2, Europa '
Colour: Gold
Year: 1979

Re: Register of potential show cars

Post by AndrewWebber »

Hi Richard, my Elite is generally available but of course was used at the NEC Nov. last year so you may not want to repeat show it for a while there....Thinking though 'restoration show', I could replace the front trunnions as I have a new pair to go on sometime, and / or remove the bumpers for some later cosmetic refurbishment if that helps fill a space...

My old 'daily' Jag has just broken so the Elite will be the No1 'daily' for the next few weeks.....

Andy

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

Good idea.

Happy to offer the éclat Excel prototype for display - possibly more suitable for the resto show as not exactly immaculate, although very presentable.

When the SE is finished, happy to offer that one too, but that’ll be a little while yet.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

Happy to have the Elite at the restoration show (purists look away now :lol:). I've booked the trailer/transport for 2024 already :D

Pete

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Post by rbgosling »

As I seem to have acquired the mantle of Resto Show stand organiser, I anticipate my '90 Excel SE will usually attend this event, and there's always something different that needs doing (it's getting to the point where stand visitors are coming back and reminiscing about what's been done in previous years!).

As for the November show, my car is available and I'm happy to bring it along. However it's been a couple of times already to this show, and with it's regular appearance at the March Resto Show it doesn't need any more exposure, besides it is on the "tatty" side and the November show is better suited to shinier examples. Here if it's wanted, but only if there aren't any better offers!
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Post by rbgosling »

AndrewWebber wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:14
Hi Richard, my Elite is generally available but of course was used at the NEC Nov. last year so you may not want to repeat show it for a while there....Thinking though 'restoration show', I could replace the front trunnions as I have a new pair to go on sometime, and / or remove the bumpers for some later cosmetic refurbishment if that helps fill a space...

My old 'daily' Jag has just broken so the Elite will be the No1 'daily' for the next few weeks.....

Andy
Hi Andy - that could make a good Resto Show working display. As things stand we have 4 cars already lined up for the 2024 show, we have put in a request for a 6-car stand but we'll have to see what we've been given and how many cars we can fit onto it. I'll update once we have stand details...
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Post by AndyC »

My Celebration can be an option.

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Thanks guys! Keep them coming.

As Farmer Richard says, it looks like we are reasonably well prepared for the Resto show, but we do need some backup in case of dropouts etc.

This thread will be particularly useful in preparing for the 2024 classic motor show where we need a really good showing for the Elite’s 50th.

Cheers, Richard

wrxseeker
Regular Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Ice Blue A33
Year: 1984

Post by wrxseeker »

My car attended the November show last year but I would be happy to bring it over at (relativeley) short notice if I'm not busy as Im less than 20 miles away.

Its not immaculate but cleans up pretty well !
Darren

AndrewHarris
Unverified Poster
Model: Eclat Type 76
Colour: Blue
Year: 1979

Post by AndrewHarris »

Hi Richard, I displayed my series 1 Eclat at the classic car show for the first time last year which was great and happy to display again.
Please let me know about any ideas.
Thanks
Andrew