NEC Classic Motor Show 8-10 November 2024

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

NEC Classic Motor Show 8-10 November 2024

Post by rbgosling »

Quick decision to be made here!

I've just been contacted by Alison (main organiser for both the NEC shows), asking if we want a stand at the show in November? She's been in contact with Richard W but he hasn't put in an application yet. I've dropped him a message but no reply. TOMORROW is the closing day for applications.

I can't get involved in this myself (organising or bringing a car), I don't have enough leave left to take another couple of days off for the show. Given our emphasis on the 50th Anniversary this year, it would be nice to book-end the year with an appearance at this show, to go with our very well received stand at the March NEC Resto Show.

Do we want to attend? Is anyone willing to do the admin if Richard is unable? We could just stick in an application now to bagsy a space, and withdraw later if for any reason we are unable to go... (it doesn't cost anything).
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 8-10 November 2024

Post by Tanz »

I would say get your towel on the sun bed. As you say, you can back out later without any cost.
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: NEC Classic Motor Show 8-10 November 2024

Post by richardw »

Sorry guys - been away for a few days - application submitted this evening!