Goodwood 6th October next

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Derek Duncan
Verified Poster
Year: 0

Goodwood 6th October next

Post by Derek Duncan »

A get-together for Excel owners on 6th October?

Come to Goodwood on that Saturday when Club Elite are having their annual meeting. The Elite in question is the beautiful little Lotus Mark 14, Chapman's first civilised GT car. Last year they had 22 cars on display or rushing round the circuit where, some 40+ years ago, Elites were winning most of the races for their class - cars raced by Jim Clark, John Whitmore and others.

There is nowadays a large car park near the pits at Goodwood and we could gather at the far end of it - so as not to hinder the Club Elite members. There's a restaurant where food is served or sold for consumption outside.

I'll be there by about 10.30 am and - if you're interested - I'll be very glad to meet you. It should be a "fun day" and a chance to view a historic Lotus model and talk to its enthusiasts!

I hear from the Secretary of Club Elite, David Pawson, that there are still some places available for track time. If anyone wants to speed round the circuit, I'll email the details and application and indemnity forms which you can then send to David. The cost is £160 for the first driver and £40 for each extra driver.

But please remember - it's Club Elite's annual track day. They'll be happy to see us, but we mustn't get in their way!

Derek Duncan