Lotus Excel dot Net Run and Dinner

Any social or anti-social get togethers, track days, shows, stag nights etc. that may be of interest to members. The occational blast down the road, or trip down to the local.

Moderator: Board Moderators

shaunw
Senior Poster
Model: Esprit GT3
Colour: CALYPSO

Re: Lotus Excel dot Net Run and Dinner

Post by shaunw »

Fox & Hounds

Carol would like olives homous & dipping bread (as a starter if pos)

I would like Scallops with smoked bacon and lemon dressing to start

Main course:

1 x steak & kidney pie & chips

1x chicken & bacon pie & chips

No desert for either us thanks ......... need to leave room for beer :wink:

Regards Carol & Shaun

alanmoss
Senior Poster
Model: Celebration
Colour: Marque Lotus Green
Year: 1991

Post by alanmoss »

We are in the Castle Hotel having just consumed a very agreeable dinner. Warm welcome, good room and good food - thanks Spav, good choice. Even SWMBO has given her approval.
Alan
Excel Celebration, 1999 Mini Cooper S, Dacia Duster 4x4

Spav
Site Admin

Post by Spav »

I have just spoken to the Waggon and Horses and there is no need to pre-order, enjoy lunch. I have asked them to throw you all out if you are still there at 13:30.

On-line parts manual

Full access with a one-off payment of 20GBP. Enter your username and click the button. You will receive a PM with access details, once payment is complete. This is a manual process, please allow 1 or 2 days for access to be granted. Payment will show as Span6.
Username:
http://www.fromdusktildawn.net

texas2201
Senior Poster
Model: Elan SE
Colour: Frost Silver
Year: 1989

Post by texas2201 »

sorry guys cannot make lunch - hope to see you at the museum if not dinner this evening - we just moved house yesterday!!!!

Martin
New Track Car E46 MSport 330i Touring, Daily now an ST220 and the Audi A8 is sold - http://www.extremepetrolhead.blogspot.com

texas2201
Senior Poster
Model: Elan SE
Colour: Frost Silver
Year: 1989

Post by texas2201 »

good day and excellent meal - band were great, but didn't see the movie :-)

at the museum

Chris headbanging :-)
New Track Car E46 MSport 330i Touring, Daily now an ST220 and the Audi A8 is sold - http://www.extremepetrolhead.blogspot.com

Spav
Site Admin

Post by Spav »

Thanks to all that made the day a great success, one apology from the Pub about the slow delivery of dinner, the chef's have some family problems and had to rush to hospital, unfortunately in the rush he forgot to take a wallet and his phone, so once it was realised he was not going to arrive the staff pulled out all the stops to get your dinner served. The other minor niggle was I picked a hotel with no attached carpark, although parking was close by (note to self, check the carparking!).

There is a call for this to become an annual event. I would be happy to look at the possibility of organising another Dawn til Dusk run, but would like to get any advice/feedback that people would have as to the type of event. This year we simply used a gig date from the band calendar, would people be happy to use the same venue, the pub would love to have you all back. We were also very lucky with the weather this time, with a warm and sunny day on the Saturday, maybe a date slightly earlier in the year would be less risky.

The band and the pub would not want this to be a closed/private event otherwise the costs would get moved to the event, but the format used this year I think worked well, where the room was reserved for dinner and then open to the public for the entertainment.

Thanks again one and all :D

On-line parts manual

Full access with a one-off payment of 20GBP. Enter your username and click the button. You will receive a PM with access details, once payment is complete. This is a manual process, please allow 1 or 2 days for access to be granted. Payment will show as Span6.
Username:
http://www.fromdusktildawn.net

chrisw2811
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1986

Post by chrisw2811 »

Ses and I had a great time. It was lovely to meet everyone and we enjoyed the museum, canal walk, dinner, Dawn Til Dusk and the hotel. Got home fine. I've put a few pics on photobucket. Thanks very much to Spav and his friends for such a fun time. Yes, we'd love to do it again.
In the Attwell museum
Alan likes minis....
Dinner at the Fox & Hounds
More dinner
Don't forget the banner!
Hit it!
Happy Excel-ers
1986 Excel SE, 1985 FJ1100, 2012 Passat TDI Estate, 2012 Golf TSi, 2010 Mini R56, 1985 Yamaha Salient 1964 Raleigh Runabout 1960 Motobecane 1979 Honda NC50 , '02 Montesa 315R

Well, if I was right all the time I'd get to be predictable!

shaunw
Senior Poster
Model: Esprit GT3
Colour: CALYPSO

Post by shaunw »

Carol and I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone. :) We would definitely like to do it again despite having a nightmare drive home. First the sat nav packed up and I took a wrong turn, adding about 25 miles to our journey, then car started labouring when under load ( possibly in protest at being left out all night :wink: ) meaning that every incline was met with a reluctance to pull until a change down to fourth (sometimes third) and the final hour was spent driving in the worst weather conditions I've driven in for years, its not often I'm glad to get out of the Lotus but today was one of them.

Anyway none of that detracted from what was a really enjoyable weekend, looking forward to seeing plenty of pics, I will upload a couple of mine later. Hope everybodys trip home was OK.

Regards Shaun & Carol.

alanmoss
Senior Poster
Model: Celebration
Colour: Marque Lotus Green
Year: 1991

Post by alanmoss »

Thanks Spav for organising a great weekend.
Great to meet up - good food and music in great company.
We stopped to see some friends near Calne on the way back but later had an uneventful but very wet journey back.
It's not every concert where you get dinner with the band.
Let's do it again.
Alan
Excel Celebration, 1999 Mini Cooper S, Dacia Duster 4x4

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Year: 1988

Post by Tanz »

Thanks to Spav for organising such a great weekend. Please pass on our thanks to the band and pub Landladies for the great food and entertainment. Lynne said it’s the best time (if only time) she has enjoyed a weekend looking at Lotus’s. Great to meet up and put faces to the names. Good company and a very enjoyable time.
Lunch at wagon and Horses

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

At museum

The band in action

Link to all pictures http://imageshack.us/g/1/9775303/
Last edited by Tanz on Sun Sep 23, 2012 21:07, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

barker_001
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Year: 1990

Post by barker_001 »

Sharon and I had a great time too. It was really nice to catch up with Phil and Alan again, and to meet Lynne, Barbara, Shaun, Carol, Chris, Ses, Martin, and of course Mark and the band.

I couldn't believe the contrast in weather between Saturday and Sunday. Funnily enough my sat nav played up as well until we got onto the motorway (had to resort to my tatty old atlas!). On arriving home after 2 hours of spray, my car had developed an as yet unidentified squealing noise - hopefully just the PAS belt tension and not anything more sinister... :(

Fuel economy for the trip - 30.2mpg - it can be done! :wink: Apparently the ladies started a book on who would open their bonnet first - but none of us did! :lol:

We would definitely be up for doing it again, and despite the weather being a bit of a gamble in September, I think it's a good time of year to have such an event - people tend to be too busy over the summer holidays.

Thanks again to Mark for organising everything, hope to see you all again soon!

Bryan & Sharon

amarshall
Model: SE
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1990

Post by amarshall »

I hate being my own boss and making myself work at weekends to keep customers happy :(

Some of these photos need to be copied to the Calendar thread, please!
https://www.lotusexcel.co.uk/
SORN - just say NO!

bauke
Regular Poster

Post by bauke »

yess there are some really nice pictures!! thank you!!

its a very very far drive for me otherwise i also want to come over one time,
there are still meetings coming so i will see to witch one i will go,