Elite/Eclat carpet templates

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Elite/Eclat carpet templates

Post by richardw »

A very generous member, Jon Davy, has donated the old carpets and templates that he made from them to the club - including the sound deadening pieces. His car is a lovely Eclat Riviera, therefore an S2.2. They include carefully shaped templates for the pieces covering the seat mountings. All the pieces should fit the Elite also, apart from the boot trim. I don’t think there are too many differences to the S1.

If anybody would like to use these for their project they are available on short term loan while I work out if it is possible to make them available digitally.

I could bring then to the NEC if anybody wants to pick them up there, so let me know.

Cheers Richard

Excel SA
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: White
Year: 1987

Re: Elite/Eclat carpet templates

Post by Excel SA »

I will be replacing my carpets - the ones I have are not original, and are not particularly well made - the original brothel red carpets were replaced with black - I'll be going back to the original colour :D

A digital version would be fantastic for those of us far away, but tricky to do I think.

Neil.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

I would defo like to borrow them in the future Richard - preferably not digital! :D

Pete

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Ok I think I know how we can make these patterns available.

I can source a large sheet of graph paper (probably A0 size) and lay each marked piece on it in turn. Then I will photograph each piece on the paper, using which pictures correctly sized carpet pieces can be cut.

The challenge would have been be to scale up the photos to use directly, but I would think that a similarly sized piece of graph paper could be used by members to recreate the carpet shapes from the photos.

I would have suggested creating template pieces of paper myself but I don’t feel comfortable with the accuracy of my cutting skills, nor financially able to absorb any claims for inaccuracy!

Let me know if you have any better ideas or if I should proceed with this plan.

Cheers, Richard

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Red
Year: 1990

Post by pistolpete »

I am keen to put carpets in my car and was wondering where you where on the templates, as I am keen to borrow them

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

pistolpete wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 18:42
I am keen to put carpets in my car and was wondering where you where on the templates, as I am keen to borrow them
Coverdale have templates - they sent a set to me to check fit when I ordered a set from them. I marked up what I needed and returned them.