Under bonnet plate replacement source

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Under bonnet plate replacement source

Post by Alan_M »

I want to replace the plate in the photo. It’s a thin metal self adhesive plate which I’ve removed to repaint the area. SJ don’t list them and isaydingdong doesn’t seem to do this type - anyone know somewhere that could, or does, reproduce it?

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Re: Under bonnet plate replacement source

Post by AndyC »

Worth a call to Lotusbits, for example Mike has the stickers for the coolant expansion tanks, so may have had these done as well, although maybe less likely as most might not bother with that far for a respray (or tape over it to protect it) whereas the tanks rust and loose the sticker.

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Try isaydingdong. If they dont have it they will make it
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

Alan : I've forwarded you an email conversation I had with a company on Ebay a couple of years ago, went under the email name of Leylandlabels, but simply searching Ebay on it doesn't get anything suitable - Many hits on British Leyland labels though :roll:
My Elite has a foil label 0.2mm thick, which as you see below (left) is a bit the worse for wear ( sorry about the flash back on the reprints).
The samples they printed (right) are 0.1 mm thick, but of a foil / Silver finish and graphically, they didn't do a bad job. How they will stand up under bonnet though I have no idea.
The email I've forwarded will explain the areas I would have liked a better graphical match, but definitely better than one with the corner missing. :D :D

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.