Dash removal

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Dash removal

Post by bash »

Despite me previously saying its easy to get the dash out......... Anyone any tips on getting the pulsert out in the centre of the dash, the one just under the windscreen.

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Marten
Regular Poster
Model: excel
Colour: red
Year: 1985

Re: Dash removal

Post by Marten »

bash wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:43
Despite me previously saying its easy to get the dash out......... Anyone any tips on getting the pulsert out in the centre of the dash, the one just under the windscreen.

Bash
remove radio, find the impossible wingnuts, unscrew and drop them between carpet and tunnel I think. Band-aids are optional ;)

bash
Senior Poster

Post by bash »

Thanks, done all that but the little black cap on the top just seems to spin around and I dont want to damage it or the dash leather.
Bash
Ps, Looking at my hands Im sure theres a rabid cat under there !
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

It just clips on. Get it a bit warmer and try. You'll then need a very short and/or flexible Pozi/Philips to get the screw out.

Pete

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

The black clip is just a cover - a bit like the type used for number plate screws. Pop it off and there will be a good size screw underneath.

bash
Senior Poster

Post by bash »

Thanks for the help, still working on the aircon installation. Had to move a few things around under the bonnet cos of the v8, on with the more conventional stuff now hence the dash query.
Bash