1976 Elite shell

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

Lotus520
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

1976 Elite shell

Post by Lotus520 »

I visited a metal fabricators today in Essex and got chatting, to cut a long story short, he has a stalled project based on a 1976 Elite. He has a complete bodyshell in white, the windscreen trims, doors and various other parts surplus to requirements. The car has been dry stored for many many years and he is adamant the door beams and hinges are in great shape. He said he would love to help out an owner who needed the parts, he gave the impression he wasn’t looking for much money…. Came across as a very genuine guy.
I said I would post it on the forum, I am only interested in helping out existing forum members with these parts. If no one here needs them, he said he would put it all on ebay in a couple of weeks time.

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: 1976 Elite shell

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Any chance of some photos to tempt us?
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Lotus520
Junior Poster

Post by Lotus520 »

The shell and doors are behind a lot of stuff, but shouldn’t be a problem for the windscreen trims, I’ll see what I can do when I go back for my bits at the end of the week

TAR
Regular Poster
Model: Elite Type 75
Colour: blue

Post by TAR »

I'd be interested in the windscreen trims especially if he has the top and bottom trims. :)

Lotus520
Junior Poster

Post by Lotus520 »

I have a couple of photos of the shell, but none of the window trims, I have asked him to forward them on when he has time.
He had a heater unit as well, not sure if these are hard to get.
If there is anyone who wants something specific, PM me for his number as it will be a lot easier for both parties