Elite/Eclat steering wheel

Body parts, seats, dash, headlining, windows and stuff!

Moderator: Board Moderators

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Re: Elite/Eclat steering wheel

Post by Pete Boole »

Hawaiis0 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 21:46
Pete Boole wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 19:07

I can't leave anything original - not in my nature!! :lol: :lol:

Pete
Mr Chapman might have liked you.
:D :D

Pete

AndrewWebber
Senior Poster
Model: Elite S1 503, Plus 2, Europa '
Colour: Gold
Year: 1979

Post by AndrewWebber »

Pete Boole wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 23:16
AndrewWebber wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 18:07
Pete Boole wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 15:18
Great - thanks Andy :D. The reason I'm asking is that I have made my own electric steering column from scratch and although I'm pretty sure it's the same dimensions at the top as the old one the wheel still seems close to the binnacle.

Pete
Coincidentally Pete, I'm just finishing a similar project in my 'Europa'. Based on Vauxhall Agila motor with a control box from a Company called '213 Performance'. Installed and tested with good results 'statically', not yet road tested as some way off having rear brakes after the transaxel change to Audi/Getrag...

Andy
I'll check out 213 Performance - thanks.

Pete
Just to say, having now used my 'Europa' with the aforementioned electric power steering addition for road miles and several sprints and hill climbs, I'm very pleased with the result. The ability to adjust how much assistance it gives is wonderful for different types of venue / use and works really well. I can also confirm the 2wd Audi 01E 6 speed (Getrag) gearbox will fit a S3 Esprit chassis, behind a Rover V8 has perfect drive shaft alignment, and it is possible to fit outboard brakes (modified Toyota GT86 disks and standard Sierra Cosworth calipers), with purpose made mounting brackets coming off the trailing arm to upright fixings).

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

Great result Andy - well done!

Pete