Rear Caliper

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

RED BARON
Regular Poster

Rear Caliper

Post by RED BARON »

Does anyone know where I can get a L/H Rear Caliper for my 1990 SE part No. Toyota 47750-14160 from, as Toyota stopped using them in 2011 on the Celica. I have tried the usual suspects but with no avail.

I have tried the link to a web sight from here that sells them but is out of stock.

Ian.

AndyC
Senior Poster
Model: SE x2 + Celebration x2
Colour: Gold,blue and green
Year: 1987

Re: Rear Caliper

Post by AndyC »

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

Are yours too far gone to be rebuilt? If not, why not try http://biggred.co.uk/

DavidOliver
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Post by DavidOliver »

I recently bought 2 new front brake calipers Budweg from Brakes International at 55 P.S. each
Currently they show rear calipers out of stock but you can ask or approach Budweg direct.
Budweg are manufacturers.
Prior to buying new I reconditioned the fronts, including pistons, but got the wind up when I lost fluid from the caliper a few months later.

Dave the cog.

RED BARON
Regular Poster

Post by RED BARON »

Dave although I have had my front calipers refurbed, one of my rear ones was leaking so they are replacing that with another refurbed one, if like yours they do leak after a while I will end up replacing them with new ones.

Can you tell me to save confusion what the part numbers were that you ordered for the fronts from Budweg International which seem to fit and work ok.

Also do you know the part numbers for the rears even though they are out of stock so that I can contact them direct to find out when they will be in stock.

I wish I had known that this was the prices for new ones as it is less than the refurbs and guaranteed to be ok.

If you can do this for me and perhaps it might be worth putting this information in parts alternative for future members

Kind regards.
Ian.

DavidOliver
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1985

Post by DavidOliver »

Hi Ian. Reference number at Brakes International is BCA00186 and BCA00196 with list price at 85.08 p.s. each and your (Me) cost 55.33 p.s. I also ordered BPS1216 Brake pad kit for 15.99 p.s. These are prices without IVA. Date was May 2017 and I may have done 500km.
since then.
Suerte Dave the cog.

Phantasm
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Silk Red
Year: 1992

Post by Phantasm »

This site can you give you most manufacturers cross reference equivalent for many parts. It's pointed directly to the rear brake caliper at the moment

https://www.yoyopart.com/oem/7006327/to ... nterchange
-Bill
1991-92ish Lotus Excel SE Silk Red
2009 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited 4X4
2015.5 Volvo V60 T5
Previous: 2005 Toyota Prius, 2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed, 1988 Toyota 4Runner, 1989 Toyota 4Runner, 1995 Dodge Neon, 1986 Ford Mustang

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white
Year: 1986

Post by bash »

Good find Bill, perhaps a sticky site ?

Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Phantasm
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Silk Red
Year: 1992

Post by Phantasm »

Yes, Perhaps a sticky for reference material??. Another good site is:
http://jp-carparts.com/
They source new old stock Japanese car parts (and used and newer parts too from what I can tell) and are in Japan. Shipping could be cost prohibitive, they wanted $20 to ship a $7 HVAC control cable, but the site has parts diagrams for all Toyota cars and we might be able to find some obscure spares, this is especially easy if you know the Toyota Part number. Even more interesting is you can then use that sight to cross reference the parts back to other Toyota cars that Also used the same part which could make sourcing take-off parts more robust (ie perhaps a 1978 Corina used the same widget as the 1982 celica but we didn't know that and now can look for junker Corina's as well)
I'm already working with them and Angus on replacement door handles - so don't go hitting them up for those just yet - it's in the works. Should know a little more by Monday on that piece.
-Bill
1991-92ish Lotus Excel SE Silk Red
2009 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited 4X4
2015.5 Volvo V60 T5
Previous: 2005 Toyota Prius, 2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed, 1988 Toyota 4Runner, 1989 Toyota 4Runner, 1995 Dodge Neon, 1986 Ford Mustang