16" rims

The round black things at the bottom. Hope this helps with the where to put posts problem.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Steve C
Senior Poster
Year: 0

Post by Steve C »

The Esprit V8 rear calipers are single pot sliding calipers - they are also used on the rear of Elises and VX220's. They can be used with a wide range of disc thicknesses (from about 22 to about 30) due to pads being available for both Esprit and Elise with different depth of pad material.

Also, picking up a brand new set for £150 with original brembo pads helped persuade me, plus the fact that I have a spare set of Esprit caliper mounting brackets that I hope I can redrill for use with the Excel.

Going to disc sizes 325f and 322r (and assuming identical pad friction coefficient) will give me 30-31% more braking power per pound of pressure on the brake pedal. More important than that, is the heat dissipation and controlability. The PNM 285 kit with 4 pot hi-specs was a great step forward .. this should be far better - the only downside is unsprung weight which I'll attempt to measure relative to standard single pot front toyota calipers.

I chose plain discs deliberately, the noise from the PNM kit with slotted discs is annoying at slower speeds (although this apparently has improved with a different slot design on later kits). Oh yeh, and they were cheaper too!