Moderator: Board Moderators

Sirclip
Senior Poster
Model: Excel Celebration
Colour: Marque Lotus
Year: 1991

Early Excel for Sale

Post by Sirclip »

Our regional Club Lotus organiser has been contacted by a lady who states that her father, Ian Hall, recently sadly passed away and he owned a very early Excel. As a result, she informed our CL Organiser that she wishes to dispose of the car.

We understand that the lady lives in South Africa and is waiting to receive a visa, at which time she intends to visit the UK to deal with his estate, including the disposal of the vehicle.

Personally, I know little about the car, apart from meeting the owner a couple of years ago at one of our Hants/Berks/Wilts get-togethers. I have a picture of the car that I took at that time which I've posted below. The registration number is 'UHJ 147Y'. It's a light blue narrow bodied Excel. I believe that it was first registered on 1/1/1983, hence we believe it appears to be an early 1982 model.

I'm unable to verify the details of the above it would be for any prospective purchaser to satisfy themselves of the identity and legal standing of the lady who is selling the car and that she holds all the required documents and has authority to sell the car.

If there are any interested parties, please send me a private message so that I can provide the seller's email address for correspondence.

Please note that I'm unable to provide any more information, or assurances, than the above. Sorry if this sounds somewhat officious but it’s important to be clear.

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: Early Excel for Sale

Post by MetBlue »

Certainly an early car. Initial release was Oct 82.
I have ref to just 4 other cars on the register put on the road on or before 1st Jan 82.

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Re: Early Excel for Sale

Post by MetBlue »

Certainly an early car. Initial release was Oct 82.
I have ref to just 4 other cars on the register put on the road on or before 1st Jan 83

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.