New Year, new project?? 1988 Excel (Éclat on V5) for sale

Eclat or Excel parts for sale.

Moderator: Board Moderators

eyuptim
Verified Poster

New Year, new project?? 1988 Excel (Éclat on V5) for sale

Post by eyuptim »

Hi, as the title suggests, I have too many projects on the go, and the recent loss of my storage barn has forced my hand somewhat...
I have a 1988 Lotus Excel, although the V5 (present, and in my name) has it as an Éclat,.
I bought it with no engine/gearbox, with the intention of putting a Rover V8 in it. This has been largely achieved, with a slave engine block/LT77 'box sitting in place, but I decided not to weld any mounts in case I, or someone else, decided to put an original engine/box in it.
The car is mainly stripped of paint (the original black was blistered and came off quite easily), but everything is present, as far as I know.
It's sitting on Oz Ruote Lotus-branded 7 spoke alloys, the windscreen is cracked.
The interior is all present and, as far as I can see, correct, with nice tan leather seats that need a good clean/feed, and the usual droopy headlining. Correct Lotus steering wheel and dash panel.
I have several pictures of the car, but am struggling to find a way to upload/attach them... If anyone can help, please do, otherwise send me a pm and I'll forward them to you.

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Re: New Year, new project?? 1988 Excel (Éclat on V5) for sale

Post by Alan_M »

How to add photos - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11571&p=89599#p89599

Maybe you could also add a price and location?

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: New Year, new project?? 1988 Excel (Éclat on V5) for sale

Post by Hawaiis0 »

eyup must be yurkshire
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!