Brake master seal kits

Belts, Plugs, Filters, Fuels, Oils, additives etc..... Told you this might morph into servicing and service items.

Moderator: Board Moderators

gavinbray
Verified Poster

Brake master seal kits

Post by gavinbray »

Hello,I have touched on this before back in the summer but due to decorating my house the car has been on the back burner for a few months,but now is the time to start sorting her out for the spring.

The car runs great but I had trouble with brake fade when braking for a long time,after enquiring on here my first thought on brake master seals seemed to be correct. Mine is a 1985 model with a Girling brake master cylinder,number on the side is 07660374 0144. I have seen on the forum that the seal kits for Girling master cylinders are easy to get hold of ( not the case for the later ones ) but can anyone give me a number or company that sell them ? looking to start work next week so keen to get one.

Thank you
Gavin.

Big Jim
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso
Year: 1985

Re: Brake master seal kits

Post by Big Jim »

I spoke to LB , they do not do a kit , only a new cylinder . I spoke to SJ , they can only recondition the old cylinder and say the kit is no longer available for the SE
I spoke to Nigel at Past parts 01284 750729 . They have re-manufactured ones . If your cylinder has the 'cable tie' with numbers on it this will identify your cylinder . £20 plus post and vat . They even threw in the cylinder to servo seal .
Here are some numbers for you
My tag number 66163 (late 1985 SE)
Girling part no. SP(service part )7684
Past parts no 17/2032

gavinbray
Verified Poster

Re: Brake master seal kits

Post by gavinbray »

Cheers for that mate. Mine is an 85 but not an Se. I do have the tag on mine so will get on the case on Monday,I did phone lotus bits but thought £120+ vat + post was a bit steep.
Thank you
Gavin.