Removing the speedo cable '84 car

Belts, Plugs, Filters, Fuels, Oils, additives etc..... Told you this might morph into servicing and service items.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Xlotus1960#
Verified Poster

Re: Removing the speedo cable '84 car

Post by Xlotus1960# »

You are very lucky to have a customised lotus ! When do you think you will get it on the road ? (A lotus is never finished)

majcd213
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Grey
Year: 1983

Post by majcd213 »

Cheers... yes thats the million dollar question! I am about a month from roadworthy... but have been that far away for a year because something unexpected always crops up to delay the schedule. This means everything I have done has been on faith... nothing can really be tested until I try running/driving/moving the thing... and then my nightmare is that I will have start revisiting things I have already "done"!!! Cue carb leakage and clutch M/C to pedal adjustment!!!

Never finished... too right... but then if it were easy everyone would have one!!!
When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, no matter how impropable, must be hit with a hammer

Xlotus1960#
Verified Poster

Post by Xlotus1960# »

Majcd I really like your blog , it's a real eye opener on the commitment needed to get these cars in A1 condition ! Lotus made sure nothing is straightforward or easy to repair.....

majcd213
Senior Poster

Post by majcd213 »

Yes true... and they have the reputation for lots of trouble... but I prefer the acronym
Lots Of Torque Unusually Sexy
When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, no matter how impropable, must be hit with a hammer

paulsx
Regular Poster

Post by paulsx »

Just thought I would add to this stripped my servo and clutch master cylinder off and my car also has this spacer across the top of the pedal box. It must have been factory for a while for some reason

majcd213
Senior Poster

Post by majcd213 »

Thanks for that... Glad I left it in then! ... Although to be fair the pedal box really didn't fit without it so I tend to agree with you. I think it must have been a factory fit.