Earth leads on engine mount

For all those wiring gremlins we love, this is the place to discuss them.

Moderator: Board Moderators

tezzan
Junior Poster
Model: Excel
Year: 1984

Earth leads on engine mount

Post by tezzan »

I know that the engine mount on the RH/drivers side has two earth leads bolted to it - the braided main engine-chassis cable and the black pedal box earth wire. Which of the 3 engine mount bolts do these attach to?

On mine currently both are under the front (ie toward the front of the engine) bolt but it looks like the pedal box wire maybe ought to be on the back bolt.

What's the normal/standard position for these?

Cheers

Tanz
Senior Poster
Model: SE
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1988

Re: Earth leads on engine mount

Post by Tanz »

I just cleaned mine tonight while doing an oil change. Mine are attached to the rear most bolt, or, as you face the engine mount from the right wing - the left hand bolt. Hope thats not confused you more :D Guess it doesn't matter which one realy.
Cheers, Phil
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

tezzan
Junior Poster
Model: Excel
Year: 1984

Re: Earth leads on engine mount

Post by tezzan »

Tanz wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 21:47
I just cleaned mine tonight while doing an oil change. Mine are attached to the rear most bolt, or, as you face the engine mount from the right wing - the left hand bolt. Hope thats not confused you more :D Guess it doesn't matter which one realy.
Many thanks for that Phil.

I know electrically it doesn't make any difference. I guess I was a bit concerned about the cable getting a bit stretched with the movement of the engine.