Moderator: Board Moderators

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

A measurement!

Post by Pete Boole »

Since I don't have a built-up door can someone with an Elite or Eclat tell me the distance from the inside edge of the aluminium trim to the glass please :D. It will vary a bit from car to car.

Thanks!

Pete

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: A measurement!

Post by richardw »

Pete Boole wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:51
Since I don't have a built-up door can someone with an Elite or Eclat tell me the distance from the inside edge of the aluminium trim to the glass please :D. It will vary a bit from car to car.

Thanks!

Pete
It varies a bit on a particular car too. I assume you are referring to the external trim; on my car it is circa 6mm adjacent to the B pillar frame leg, 4mm in the centre of the glass and 7-8mm adjacent to the quarter light leg. The quarter lights themselves go from around 9mm down to 5-6mm at the front; while the trim sits hard against the door frames at the front and the back, there is a gap of around 2mm from the quarter light leg.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Richard

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

Thanks Richard! I've got a sample of some extruded rubber profile that I'm hoping will work in that gap instead of the furry strip that lets every drop of water enter the door cavity. It will probably work for all the gaps you've mentioned :D. The surface touching the glass will need flocking but I've seen kits that let you do that yourself - more research! :roll:

Pete

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Post by richardw »

Nice one Pete! Put me down for a set. Sounds a good solution and I think the excel uses something similar.

Cheers, Richard