A quick how to embed a photo from OneDrive

General Excel discussions. You may also post Eclat and Elite information here. If there is enough call I will set up new categories or even a new BB for them.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Calypso red
Year: 1985

A quick how to embed a photo from OneDrive

Post by Alan_M »

I know some can struggle with embedding photos on this site, so I have made a quick video showing how this is done. It assumes you already have a OneDrive account and have uploaded your photos to it.

This video is how to do it using a pc/laptop, but will work on an ipad or tablet as long as it's done using the web browser and NOT the OneDrive app.

I realise the video isn't the best quality, but my laptop is pretty old :oops:

You can view the short version here - https://youtu.be/OwwVZm2E2Go

and

the longer, slightly more detailed version here - https://youtu.be/T-tT37TbFd0
Last edited by Alan_M on Sat May 23, 2020 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

MetBlue
Regular Poster
Model: 502 Elite 1974
Colour: Metalic Blue

Re: A quick how to embed a photo from OneDrive

Post by MetBlue »

What a great idea Alan. We'll done. That should help many who have struggled with this for ages. 👍👍👍

Ironically, I use Onedrive to post my pictures, but very differently to you. Maybe it's because I started using one drive just as a common directory path I could have on my work PC and home PC to make life easier when I wanted to work on large files at home. As a result its only on my desk PC, not tablet.
My method involves right mouse click and selecting 'share' on the picture in the Onedrive directory, but AFAIK, I can't resize within the drive, so I have to resize picture before putting in Onedrive.

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

DavidOliver
Senior Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Calypso Red

Post by DavidOliver »

Alan, thanks for the Video. I have been struggling to get there and have been helped by several forum members.
As a comment on the video, for us non-experts every little move is needed to be explained. We are not used to knowing that RIGHT click is needed sometimes,and the copy/paste also requires a right click, otherwise we are left blank. Notice I have said We.
This happens twice following your video.

Again many thanks

Dave the cog.

Alan_M
Senior Poster

Post by Alan_M »

DavidOliver wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 09:06
As a comment on the video, for us non-experts every little move is needed to be explained. We are not used to knowing that RIGHT click is needed sometimes,and the copy/paste also requires a right click, otherwise we are left blank.
Dave the cog.
Fair comment. I had assumed as copy and paste are basic operations when using a computer everyone would know how to do this :oops:

When I get a little spare time I will redo the video adding the extra bits. It only takes about 20 mins to set up and record, but takes a further couple of hours for my steam driven laptop to render the video and upload to YouTube.

richardw
Senior Poster
Model: 1981 Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1982

Post by richardw »

Thanks on behalf of all members, Alan. Once you have the revised video I'll make it a sticky!

Cheers, Richard

Alan_M
Senior Poster

Post by Alan_M »

Ok, here's a longer more detailed video on inserting an image into a forum post.

Hopefully this covers everything needed. I haven't covered how to open and upload photos to One Drive account as that is well covered on the internet. Happy for any comments.

Longer version - https://youtu.be/T-tT37TbFd0