Parts In Motion - buyer beware!

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

KevW
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Year: 1992

Parts In Motion - buyer beware!

Post by KevW »

In mid December I ordered a set of Quinton Hazell rear brake pads from Parts In Motion aka. carpartsinmotion via ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233704460544

I didn't try fitting the pads until mid January when I discovered they had supplied the wrong items. I contacted them asking for an exchange for the correct pads but they refused as they have a policy of only exchanging goods within 30 days. I explained that it was not that the goods were unwanted but that they were not what I had bought and paid for. They still refused to budge so I had to contact my credit card company who arranged for a full refund. Needless to say I won't be buying anything from Car Parts In motion again.
Kev W no.282

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: Parts In Motion - buyer beware!

Post by Hawaiis0 »

I had a similar incident with an Ebay Battery shop.

I searched for the car model and year and got a hit for a battery. Fits 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara.

I then put the details into the vehicle check tool and got a yes confirmation.

Battery ordered and it was of course too large a terminal. I told them they had advertised a wrong size etc., and they said it was my fault because I only supplied the year and model and not the registration as asked for on page 324 of the small print. Plus the tool is ebays and not the company's so bad luck sunshine.

The battery was actually the standard Excel size, so ha ha them.
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Post by rbgosling »

Shame, I've ordered a few things from Parts In Motion before (alternator for my wife's Jag, steering rack gaiter, fan switch, handbrake cable for a Mitsubishi) and always been happy so far. That's poor customer service, and foolish to lose a customer over. Glad at least that the credit card company sorted you out.
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

KevW
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Year: 1992

Post by KevW »

Yeah, it amazes me why they would lose a customer and tarnish a reputation over the minor cost of rectifying their error. What really amuses me is when they tell me they are sorry they can't help and if I need any further assistance to contact them. The only thing stopping them from helping me is themselves so they can't be that sorry !
Kev W no.282