1987 Lotus Excel project :D

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Re: Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by Hawaiis0 »

bash wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 09:35
You obviously like to use a wheelybin as a workbench like me. .......
I noticed that too!
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

bash wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 09:35
You obviously like to use a wheelybin as a workbench like me. At my last house it was covered in saw cuts as an instant dust catcher too. Keep at it.
Bash
Ha ha ha that was only to take a photo of the parts lol

W
I haven't seen daylight in 17 years now i have been finally rescued :D

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

Well the father in law has done a good job of pushing the bushes out and sandblasting the top control arms but he said it was a really hard job lol.

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

Good evening ladies and Gents,

Well this came today from SJ :) happy but also annoyed at the same time. All my parts that are here which i ordered last week and only turned up today which i had to call yesterday which if i hadn't i don't believe they wouldn't have turned up as they randomly said they will be shipped out today for delivery tomorrow. Why could they not have been shipped out sooner as the problem is now after going through all the bits there was not invoice with the bits but also my top control arm bushes are not with the shipment and i have arranged with my father in law to do all that this weekend at his engineering club so i am a bit pissed with that. The one thing that i really needed for this weekend apart from the cambelt is missing.

The battery turned up from ordering yesterday so well happy with that  as i have put it in the car and  and the electric came on so exciting and she hardly has any fuel so result there for me and Stu to empty the tank tomorrow. I am hoping to have her running tomorrow for the first time in 17 years :D

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Re: 1987 Lotus Excel project :D

Post by Alan_M »

If you created an account when you ordered the parts, if you login you can see your order details.

I also have had some parts on order with them ordered a week ago, but not despatched yet

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

Alan_M wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 20:05
If you created an account when you ordered the parts, if you login you can see your order details.

I also have had some parts on order with them ordered a week ago, but not despatched yet
Its weird as the parts are in stock so why does it take so long. But anyway cant change it now see what they say about the control arms tomorrow.

TAR
Regular Poster
Model: Elite Type 75
Colour: blue

Post by TAR »

Steve and his son at SJ Sportscars will normally not send anything out until everything is in stock. The website doesn't show stock levels and often you can place an order for stuff they don't have. I imagine that as you chased him, he sent what he had.
:)

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

TAR wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 21:26
Steve and his son at SJ Sportscars will normally not send anything out until everything is in stock. The website doesn't show stock levels and often you can place an order for stuff they don't have. I imagine that as you chased him, he sent what he had.
:)
I see well we will see tomorrow.

So another little update this evening she has now got fresh oil and filter on her along with an airfilter and spark plugs i only stopped as the misses came out saying darling its 10 o'clock and your banging outside so was like shit well at least i have managed to do a couple of things and built up my 1960s work bench which is solid piece of craftmanship so i know that is going to last.

I was however shocked on how slow it took to fill the engine with oil :shock: as 20w50 is so thick it took an age :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

Well what a day got a fair bit wet but bless the lovely lotus she is now up and running and i ow Gary (Sparky) & Stuart (HawaissO) everything for today. I have attached a link to a video i made on todays evens enjoy :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0d7MAEMcg

bash
Senior Poster
Model: Se, V8
Colour: white

Post by bash »

Woohoo !!!!!?
Well done lads.
Bash
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Pete Boole
Senior Poster
Model: Elite
Colour: Monaco White
Year: 1974

Post by Pete Boole »

Brilliant!! :D. Well done guys! Loud is fine :D

Pete

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

Loud is proud...
Great video and well done to you all.
... And she looks to have dusted down well. 😊 The paint work looks pretty good for so long in store.
Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White

Post by Hawaiis0 »

I'd like to thank the nice guy at Alan Claridge Engineering of Witney who got bamboozled into assisting with the bearing and broken stud :D :D
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

Hawaiis0 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:31
I'd like to thank the nice guy at Alan Claridge Engineering of Witney who got bamboozled into assisting with the bearing and broken stud :D :D
Yes thank you very much to them for the help :).
MetBlue wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 09:44
Loud is proud...
Great video and well done to you all.
... And she looks to have dusted down well. 😊 The paint work looks pretty good for so long in store.
Tony
It was so good to see run :D . The paint work is ok not brilliant lacqure peel in quite a few areas but she is in goodish condition there.
Pete Boole wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 09:23
Brilliant!! :D. Well done guys! Loud is fine :D

Pete
I love it Pete :D
bash wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 05:37
Woohoo !!!!!?
Well done lads.
Bash
Thank you bash :D

Ok today is tackling the bushes then i can crack on with putting the front to the point in where i just need to put the calipers on then all gravy baby :D

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

Well i now have the Calipers back from big Reds and they look beautiful :D i have now also got the new pipe that goes from the caliper to the hose so they are all sorted but i cant get the Discs. It looks like no one has the discs for these cars the MA61's :( that is what is stopping me from putting the fronts back together well that and the ARB bush. I just got off the phone with my partners dad and he has tried soaking them in hot water and they still will not go through so i am quite stumped.