online parts manual waiting for login and is there an online haynes manual or equivalent

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Sparrow
Regular Poster

online parts manual waiting for login and is there an online haynes manual or equivalent

Post by Sparrow »

Hello All,

I bought the online parts manual at the start of the week i believe and i still havent had an email with regards to my log in or what not. Also is there an online haynes manual or equivalent out there or someone has that can send me. My father in law is doing some work for me and he wanted to know if there is one and it would be massively handy for me also.

Regards,

Nick
I haven't seen daylight in 17 years now i have been finally rescued :D

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: online parts manual waiting for login and is there an online haynes manual or equivalent

Post by richardw »

Hi Nick,

I’ve just messaged our administrator, Chris Hopper, re the parts manual and hopefully it will be made available shortly.

I’m afraid there is no Haynes or equivalent manual available for the cars.

Sorry about the inconvenience - and do let me know when you get access to it.

Richard

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Re: online parts manual waiting for login and is there an online haynes manual or equivalent

Post by Sparrow »

Thats brill i looked in my emails and it was in the junk folders so brill thanks so much.

So there is no manual that comes with there to tell you the NM of a bolt or anything like this? I thought the service manuals had this?

richardw

Post by richardw »

Hi Nick,

Glad you found the parts manual. There is also the service operations manual which does, I believe, have the torque settings etc. These are sometimes sold on eBay and I only have a hard copy of the one for the Elite and Eclat, but I do have different digital sections for the Excel so if you can tell me what sections you need I should be able to find it for you. Send your email address to me as well.

Cheers, Richard

Sparrow
Regular Poster

Post by Sparrow »

richardw wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 21:48
Hi Nick,

Glad you found the parts manual. There is also the service operations manual which does, I believe, have the torque settings etc. These are sometimes sold on eBay and I only have a hard copy of the one for the Elite and Eclat, but I do have different digital sections for the Excel so if you can tell me what sections you need I should be able to find it for you. Send your email address to me as well.

Cheers, Richard
Thank you so much Richard. PM sent.

Alan_M
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE, Excel SA, Elan SE
Colour: Red, red, white

Post by Alan_M »

Service manual available to purchase from here - https://www.thelotuscentreonline.co.uk/ ... vice-Notes

Used ones often sell for around £50 - £75.

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Red
Year: 1990

Post by pistolpete »

I seem to remember not getting access to the parts manual after paying, is this something I can sort out who would I need to chase , as I'm currently doing a load of work its a bit more urgent at the moment

Admin comment: Richard - can you pick up?

richardw

Post by richardw »

Yes Pete, I’ll investigate. Can you tell me when you bought it and what problem you are having - I’ve never used the process myself. Then I’ll contact Chris Hopper who is the only one who can resolve it.

Cheers, Richard

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue

Post by rbgosling »

Alan_M wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 23:02
Service manual available to purchase from here - https://www.thelotuscentreonline.co.uk/ ... vice-Notes

The official Lotus workshop manual is excellent and has pretty much all you need. It's even printed on plastic paper, so harder to stain or tear. However, there seem to be more surviving cars than manuals, which is an issue! I didn't know anyone was now making copies of this to buy (are Lotus Cars happy about the copyright on this?), but it's worth spending money on this when it appears on eBay.
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Colour: Red

Post by pistolpete »

richardw wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 15:37
Yes Pete, I’ll investigate. Can you tell me when you bought it and what problem you are having - I’ve never used the process myself. Then I’ll contact Chris Hopper who is the only one who can resolve it.

Cheers, Richard
Richard,

I really don't remember I know I paid for it but then can't access it , it might of been 5 years ago, it really doesn't bother me. It was more to say there may be a n issue with it I guess after I heard someone say a similar thing. It all goes to the club fund so that's fine. Maybe I will try again :D

richardw

Post by richardw »

That’s ok Pete - if it’s that long ago it may be difficult to check back. These funds don’t go to the club itself but to Chris Hopper (and Spav before him) who use them to pay for the club domain and hosting. It is a slightly strange arrangement but it has been in place for a number of years.

Nick’s issue is resolved - I believe he found the email after all.

Cheers, Richard

Crowman30
Junior Poster
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1987

Post by Crowman30 »

Alan_M wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 23:02

Hi,
I bought one of these manuals, please note some of the pages are unreadable. I sent mine back and got a refund. Take my advice and try to get an original copy as I did. The difference in quality is markedly better. I bought mine on ebay.