New Owner Saying Hi !

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Mec
Verified Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Red
Year: 1986

New Owner Saying Hi !

Post by Mec »

Hi Everyone

I thought I would do a Post to say hello to everyone, My name is Mike (aka MEC) and I have recently purchased a project Excel SE. The car has been sitting for 23 years before I purchased it so as you can imagine it needs some work.
I have a Youtube channel Called MEC-TEC, where I will be documenting all the work, I will put links below to the 1st 2 videos. I hope you enjoy them, I think I will be needing a fair bit of advice and parts ! So i apologise in advance if I am a nuisance ! haha

I have 120 videos on the channel now covering various cars that I have, feel free to take a look, heres the links ...

My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1AR8e ... 0SpMZnS1Cw

1st Lotus video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6u9hiC_g84

2nd Lotus Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn8oYeAYFrg

All the best Mike

richardw
Model: Elite S2.2 Automatic
Colour: Essex Blue
Year: 1981

Re: New Owner Saying Hi !

Post by richardw »

Hi Mike, welcome and I’m looking forward to looking at your videos and seeing your progress. There is plenty of technical expertise on this forum (myself excluded!) and I’m sure members will be very happy to help you.

Cheers, Richard

TonyL
Junior Poster
Model: Excel/Elite project
Colour: Red/Red (for now)

Post by TonyL »

Hi Mike. I saw your first video last week, & I was hoping you'd find your way here. I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd episode & all your forthcoming episodes too.

I also have an Excel that was recently recomissioned (by the previous owner, in 2021). My car was parked up for around 15 years.

The previous owner's thread is here, if you're interested. It's a shame it isn't on this forum, which I prefer.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/t ... me-advise/

rbgosling
Senior Poster
Model: Lotus Excel SE
Colour: Midnight Blue
Year: 1990

Post by rbgosling »

Hi Mike,

Glad you made it over here. I'm afraid we've been talking behind your back for a few days after the video was first posted! Don't worry, we were a lot less rude about it than the previous YouTube restoration we spotted!

Looking forward to the updates as you go...
"Farmer" Richard

1990 Lotus Excel SE (Lilith)
2022 MG MG5 EV (not due to be a classic for quite a few years...)
2011 Nissan Leaf (Ragly - EV pioneer, must be due to be a classic one day)

Mec
Verified Poster
Model: Excel
Colour: Red
Year: 1986

Post by Mec »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies ! I really appreciate any help and advice that you guys can give, rest assured the Excel will see the road again, my dad did indeed lend me the money to buy it as I am midway through a restoration on my Reliant Supervan (Delboy van), so as you can imagine this takes a fair bit of cash, I'm selling one of my other cars to pay him back asap.
I also have a 2000 Ford Puma which I have had for 18 years now which I am going to be replacing the sill and arch on very soon (due to rust) which I have just purchased the panels for (another lump of money haha)
Another Project I have on the go is my 1987 mk2 Vauxhall Cavalier which I had an unfortunate incident in at the end of last year so I am rebuilding the front end on that too, so as you can see I'm juggerling a few projects atm
Hence the Lotus may have to wait its turn for a little bit at least, I also have a Delorean which I did a body off Restoration on in late 2018 into 19, unfortunately I hadn't started my YouTube channel at that point so there are no videos on it, I have lots of pics though if anyone wants to see I can post them

All the best Mike