Cheap Eclát and expensive Excel

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Lotus520
Junior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Blue
Year: 1990

Cheap Eclát and expensive Excel

Post by Lotus520 »

Well, we seem to have the two extremes on Ebay currently.
The white Eclát running project and the seemingly immaculate 92 Excel.
I suppose both have valid points for purchasing, providing you never have any delusions of breaking even let alone turning a profit.
Really fancied saving the white one, but after crunching the numbers, you would have to be considerably more insane than most of us already are on here to even contemplate it.
Anyone else see it differently?

pistolpete
Senior Poster
Colour: Red

Re: Cheap Eclát and expensive Excel

Post by pistolpete »

I think the white Eclat is a great price, I'm sure it will sell for a fair amount more than£1.5K. I'm sure most of us just want the car don't think about profit :twisted:

Dwaynem884
Regular Poster
Colour: Calypso Red
Year: 1992

Post by Dwaynem884 »

The 92 Excel, I'm watching with interest. as it's nearly the same as my own.

It's done 6000 miles since 2006 and looking at the gear stick, I struggle to believe the big push of 19,500 miles. More likely 119,500, which isn't bad but if it is the case, a bit dishonest to make a show of *LOW MILEAGE* as they have done. But give them the benefit of the doubt, a lovely car to be eased back into life again after what seems years of hibernation.

19,500 was the original listing price before it went to auction, reserve not met yet & currently sitting at 12,000. It was at 13,000 but a bid must have been removed, reserve wasn't met at that either.
1980 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Ghia
1989 Peugeot 205 1.1 Look
1991 Peugeot 205 1.6 GTI
1992 Lotus Excel SE

Who needs modern cars???

barker_001
Senior Poster
Colour: Calypso Red

Post by barker_001 »

Dwaynem884 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:49
The 92 Excel, I'm watching with interest. as it's nearly the same as my own.

It's done 6000 miles since 2006 and looking at the gear stick, I struggle to believe the big push of 19,500 miles. More likely 119,500, which isn't bad but if it is the case, a bit dishonest to make a show of *LOW MILEAGE* as they have done. But give them the benefit of the doubt, a lovely car to be eased back into life again after what seems years of hibernation.

19,500 was the original listing price before it went to auction, reserve not met yet & currently sitting at 12,000. It was at 13,000 but a bid must have been removed, reserve wasn't met at that either.
I saw this car for sale a couple of weeks ago at the Baffle Haus cafe near Cwmbran. The 19,500 miles is believable, it is in very good condition. The cafe owner came out because mine is almost identical (albeit with 100,000 more miles...) and he'd never seen two together!
Bryan

1990 Excel SE

"Look, there's a Ferrari..."

TAR
Regular Poster
Model: Elite Type 75
Colour: blue

Post by TAR »

the White Eclat is a rare car being an S2. It looks to be a good project :)

Lotus520
Junior Poster
Colour: Blue

Post by Lotus520 »

I viewed the Eclat as being an S2 it was ticking the right boxes as well as being tax exempt, unfortunately it needed too much work for me, As well as the bad points listed, most of the exterior window trims were damaged as well as both door beams and hinge pins being well shot, headlights had been mucked around with, slight emulsion to oil filler cap.
Also didn’t like the fact the engine bay was blacked out (car looks to be white originally as the footwells were white)
It finished up just below £4k, didn’t have anything wrong with it that couldn’t be sorted out, Hopefully the right person has bought it and takes everything in their stride, will certainly be a stunning car once sorted