Eclat and Excel on Antiques Road Trips (TV)

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Mike C Sailor
Junior Poster

Eclat and Excel on Antiques Road Trips (TV)

Post by Mike C Sailor »

Yesterday I looked at Antiques Road Trip on BBC1; I like the prog and I'm 3/4 of the way to being an antique myself.
I saw they were in an Eclat. Looked good, quite a late one I think. Izzy (mmm) seemed to like it but mentioned she didn't like the offset pedals. This series continues (same people, same car we hope) all week, BBC1 3.45pm. It will be interesting to see how well the car performs; breakdowns to classic cars in this series are fairly common.

I see from the TV guide that tonight's Celebrity Antiques Road Trip, BBC2 at 7pm, features a Locus (sic) Excel. (bleeding obvious I know but I don't mean the car is sick, I hope). There are also two other outstanding features on the show :-).
This show is a one off.

Happy viewing!

Radar
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SE
Colour: Red
Year: 1988

Re: Eclat and Excel on Antiques Road Trips (TV)

Post by Radar »

I noticed it, good to the Excel get some air time. I hope they treat it better than some of the other cars they have used!

MetBlue
Senior Poster
Model: Elite 74 & Excel 92 (SEish))
Colour: Metalic Blue
Year: 1974

Post by MetBlue »

This car was for sale mid last year at a dealer in Stafford.
It was advertised for £5,995, which looks an absolute bargain if it was anything like the condition it looks now.
it has done 124K though, not 24K, but has a good long running MOT history.

Tony
What goes together.... Must come apart.

Mike C Sailor
Junior Poster

Post by Mike C Sailor »

Thanks for that, I agree it looks excellent for that price, I wish I'd bought it!

Of course it was the same Excel car on both programs; I got confused, sorry.
Anyway it's good that a classic car hire firm thought it was worth getting, evidently not put off by the old L O T U S acronym; and it seems to have done both trips without problem.