Door frame Seals

General Elite, Eclat and Excel discussions.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Will49
Junior Poster

Door frame Seals

Post by Will49 »

Ive just taken my drivers door apart fixing new glass guide seals etc and noticed on the parts book i was missing some other seals .
There is a plastic end trim for the external glass called in the parts book a Finisher Wipseal Rear R/H part AO89V4414K . Any idea where I might find one of these as I cant see it on Lotus Bits or SJ. I have it on my L/H door but broken off on my R/H door.
Also I bought a Fillet Seal Path Front for both doors (70mm) Part A089U0758K for the life of me i cannot see where this goes from the parts book?
Finally there seems to be a Glass Wipe Seal Door Drop and 1/4 Light brush seal self sticking Part no. A089V6166V. Again i cant seem to find this either and cant figure out where it would go either.

Just trying to get the doors to seal as best I can.

Any help on the above please?

Thanks

Will49
Junior Poster

Re: Door frame Seals

Post by Will49 »

I suspected i might not get a responce on this so the next best thing for me is to look at an 89 Excel, mine is an SA, that is complete so I can understand the details of the various seals and the engine bay etc. There is nothing like looking at something rather than a description or a parts manual.

I live in East Sussex near Wadhurst and wonder is there anybody nearish that would not mind me looking at their pride and joy?

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Hi Im 3 hours away in oxfordshire if dont get help closer to home. An SA too. I would normally take a drive out but i'm engine out at the mo. Nearly said engineless but that's not true :D :D .

Car is otherwise complete

Welcome to visit anytime.
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!

Will49
Junior Poster

Post by Will49 »

Hawaii
Im sur you have another name.
When I get back from getting a few weeks of sunshine to the end of April I will take up your offer and arrange to come.
Appreciated.

Will49
Junior Poster

Post by Will49 »

Think i need to replace by door seals. I can get OEM seals with 90 Degree corner but wonder if something better has arisen in the last few decades of improvements?

Hawaiis0
Senior Poster
Model: Excel SA (No 3); Elite 504
Colour: BRG; Dirty White
Year: 1986

Post by Hawaiis0 »

Will49 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 08:33
Hawaii
Im sur you have another name.
When I get back from getting a few weeks of sunshine to the end of April I will take up your offer and arrange to come.
Appreciated.
It's Stu, but don't tell anyone
Nothing is fool proof. Fools are clever!